Saturday 17 September 2011

Baby photo update and aviary birds.

Babies that have hatched to date 29. Two pet babies have gone to new homes. One baby died because it hatched a day early and was so so tiny. Two died yellow belly(1 &3 days old) in the same nest and one other chick that I saved because he was stuck in his egg (pipped but was wrong way round), later died at 18 days old. I was excited about this chick because he was from my best pair. Also chicks that I'm able to save are special to me. The eldest in a nest of five and was a beautiful yellow face grey. The day before he died I took some photo's of him because I noticed he had a weird bald patch of skin on his neck, also he had some odd feathering on his head. I am still stumped to what killed him. I found him flat, black, full crop and almost completely plucked. 
His brothers (yellowfaces) and sisters (cinnamon's)

Four babies from lightgreen cock- sky opaline dom pied spangle nest
Above : This baby last week was plucked bald. I put the two plucked babies into foster nest and they are growing down and feathers again.

Above: Approx 6 weeks. Below : Approx 7 weeks
Above and below: Brothers Hugo and Hans, my bred fallow and split.
Below: This cock is approx 5 months old and just completing his first moult.
And his full sister below.
Another 5 month old cock.
His full sister, the sky cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment